Oceaneering Quality Administrator II in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Provides functional supprot to QA, QC, testing, engineering, supply chain management, manufacturing, and project management personnel by managing company documents, while also ensuring their accurary, quality, and integrity. The Quality Specialist acts as an extension of project quality engineers by attending client and project meetings, participating in continuous improvement, and verifying project-related manufacutring documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collects, maintains and distributes approved documents necessary to define product configuration and control manufacturing processes to insure conformance to customer requirements and internal procuedures/processes.
- Maintains a comprehensive filing system and computer database for all documents that ensures fast retrieval of documents.
- Ensures that users have the latest revison of appropriate documentation in a timely manner, and obsolete documentation is properly identified and removed from distribution.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternativ solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Responsible for the final correlation and client transmittal of As-Built data books in electronic and/or hard copy form.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Responsible for reporting document control metrics on assigned projects and participating in the Stage Gate process.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of advanced customer spreadsheets using Excel.
- Actively participate in team meetings reporting on the document control status
- Involved with the upfront planning, bids and proposal reviews, and development process.
- Assist with the development of project-specific inspection and test plans
- Implement processes to ensure that compliance to customer and requirements is achieved.
- High School Diploma
- 2 years in a quality assurance environment.
- The applicant’s ability to obtain the credential/clearance. (Example: Current/active TWIC)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and general computer capabilities
- Function as an internal auditor to ISO 9001, ISO 29001, or API requirements would be a plus.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to read, analyze, and interprest general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present informationa nd respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, governemental agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Quality Administrator II
Location: Panama City, Florida
Job ID: 11748
Full/Part Time: Full-Time