Oceaneering HR Business Partner Australia in Perth, Australia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The HR Business Partner acts as a strategic partner to the line by embedding corporate HR strategy into day-to-day work and providing professional HR guidance and support to relevant internal client groups with the objective of adding value to the business. In coordination and collaboration with HR Centers of Expertise, Global Mobility, and the HR Service Center, the HR Business Partner is responsible for ensuring that the HR needs of their assigned business line and/or region are met.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
- Act as a liaison between the line and HR COEs and HR Service Center to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs
- Partner with the business to proactively plan talent needs for new projects and new country entries.
- Implement appropriate employee training and manage its delivery.
- Assist business unit leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards.
- Understand and solicit employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns to improve employee engagement.
- Identify and drive the sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends.
- Identify new opportunities for HR to add value to the business.
- Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
- Facilitate a strong leadership and coaching culture.
- Ensure policies and procedures are properly aligned with local laws and company values.
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan and contribute to functional and cross-functional initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR management, or related field.
7+ years of experience in Human Resources generalist positions preferred.
In-depth knowledge of governmental policy, regulations and employment law
Experience working across multiple countries and cultures with a deep understanding of how to navigate and work effectively across large and complex matrix organizations a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong Industrial Relations exposure and sound understanding of Australian employment law.
- Substantial Business Acumen
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy
- Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy
- Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis
- Effective team player and networker
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management), and talent management practices
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is indoors during the day and occasionally at night and is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing all ranges. This is considered light work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: HR Business Partner Australia
Location: Perth, Australia
Job ID: 11783
Full/Part Time: Full-Time