Oceaneering CP Engineer in United States
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Design, manage or implement as appropriate assigned asset CP corrosion control strategy(ies). Participate in and effectively report upon associated activities and practices. Provide CP corrosion engineering support services to Oceaneering and the asset as requested.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ensure Regulatory and client standard compliance
Support the Line Manager (LM) in appropriate aspects of management of Oceaneering contract providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management
Assist in the development of appropriate annual budget
Ensure all work is complaint with relevant client engineering and safety standards and practices and review any revisions and feedback from client Integrity Focal Point
Ensure implementation of client corrosion management control strategy/strategies.
Participate in the risk based assessment process, and provide corrosion expertise and effectively interact with multi-disciplinary Risk Based Assessment (RBA) or other process groups
Input to the production and ongoing management of the asset Annual Inspection Plans and client planning process compliance for corrosion monitoring activities
Assist with CP corrosion input to asset Turnaround (TAR) programs
Assist with producing CP inspection work scopes and work packs as directed by the Senior Inspection Engineers
Ensure the effective application of innovative inspection and corrosion engineering applications and specialist technologies
Input to the Inspection Query/Remedial Order (IQ/RO) process for corrosion and materials issues
Assist senior engineers with corrosion anomalies and failures
Provide technical assessment and interpretation of CP corrosion/inspection monitoring data (using ACET or other databases as appropriate)
Recommend changes in corrosion criticality analyses and monitoring/inspection programs where appropriate
Ensure effective data management within ACET database
Deliver periodic reports, corrosion status of systems, identification and assessment of significant trends from CP surveys
Maintain appropriate level of contact with Asset Teams, 3rd Parties and internal disciplines to ensure an effective Corrosion Inspection Management (CIM) service
Attend TAR Meetings, RBA meetings, Asset Integrity meetings and technical practice documentation reviews a s required and maintain appropriate levels of contact with asset teams and third parties to ensure an effective corrosion service
Minimum 7 years of specific experience related to the job description, with sound knowledge of relevant plant, process or production chemistry, and structural and process materials properties. Also, with extensive knowledge of oilfield corrosion mechanisms (e.g. CP Mesa, MIC, PWC, erosion corrosion, CUI and external corrosion). (E)
Able to demonstrate up to date knowledge of and be able to use applicable national and international standards in the corrosion or related fields (E)
Familiar with QA/QC systems/ procedures and NDE techniques (E)
Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal
Extensive experience of Cathodic protections systems
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches CP data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Job Title: CP Engineer
Location: Overseas;Oman- Onshore
Job ID: 11772
Full/Part Time: Full-Time