Oceaneering Global Mobility Tax Specialist (Various Locations) in United States
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The location of this role will be dependant on the successful candidate. The job will be based in one of the following locations: Aberdeen (UK), Houston (USA) or Dubai (UAE).
Duties & Responsibilities
This professional will work directly with and report to the Group Mobility Manager to support the provision of compliane services. This is an advisory position that requires the individual to advise on commercial tenders and on exemption possibilities with regard to vessel flags, totalization agreements and double tax treaties.
- Applies subject matter expertise on international/domestic moves requests ensuring the company and/or employee have given due consideration and analysis of the business case, compliance, international taxation and cost mitigation, as well as policy application in all policy types including: Long Term International Assignments, Short Term International Assignments, Cross Border Communter Assignments, Cross Border Travelers, International Transfers, and Local Plus moves.
- Ensure that Oceaneering offices and assignees (including rotators) are compliant with home and host country tax obligations regarding tax reporting and remittances.
- Serve as primary contact for business leaders and employees on basic tax questions and detailed assignment requests.
- Prepare international assignment cost estimates
- During year-end compliance review process implement mobility tax planning opportunities to minimize company's tax cost, in cooperation with Global Vendor, Corporate Tax and Global Mobility teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local country advisors to maximize local country planning and coordinate with the vendor host country tax compliance.
- Oversee engagement of the tax return preparation engagement.
- Liaise with finance colleagues with respect to domestic and international payroll transactions and support the annual tax equalization reconciliation process; communicate necessary payments and deductions to assigned employees.
- Process tax equalization settlements.
- Oversee the tax compliance invoice process ensuring that the billing rates are according to the global engaement.
- Coordinate global compensation (imputed income) collection serving as the main point of contact for the payroll departments.
- Liaise with assignees to ensure timely submittance of tax documents and tax calendars.
- Process tax equalization settlements.
- Participate, in conjunction with Global Sourcing, in selection of crews to gain tax efficient mobility.
- Track all tax credit carry forwards.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Regional Global Mobility Manager
- International Assignment Tax work experience
- Previous experience and subject matter expertise in international and domestic Mobility policies and programs.
- Experience of international and domestic relocation experience. Preferably in a mid/large size Global organization.
- University degree, or equivalent education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong financial aptitude to understand complex international/multi-jurisdiction tax information.
- Experience working for a global tax provider on mobility related cases.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to use sound judgment to drive complex issues to resolution and influence others to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, by prioritizing and recognizing tasks and siutations which require a sense of urgency.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Global Mobility Tax Specialist (Various Locations)
Location: Dubai, UAE;Aberdeen, Scotland;Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11951
Full/Part Time: Full-Time