Oceaneering Onshore Inspection Engineer in United States
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Assist the Senior Engineer with the effective provision and operation of inspection systems and services to the allocated Assets/sites. To ensure that plant and equipment is Certified in accordance with Oceaneering and Client Codes practice, startegies and legislation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Senior Discipline Engineers in the assessment of problems both technical and operational by sourcing information, progressing actions, notification of actions etc.
- Participate in RBA reviews to assist in the development of inspection programmes.
- Develop detailed plans, programmes and workscopes for annual corrosion and integrity monitoring etc.
- Ensure these are captured in the Maintenance Management System (MMS) and/ or ACET (or similar database).
- Develop workpacks for senior engineer approval as per the inspection programme or for unplanned activities.
- Plan and organise mobilisation requirements such as technical briefings, workpacks and assist with logistics (e.g. accommodations, flights and equipment associated with site work).
- Review and process inspection reports, anomaly reports (e.g. Inspection Queries (IQ) and Remedial Orders (RO)) etc., as directed by senior engineers.
- Where required update the Maintenance Management System (MMS) and/ or ACET (or similar database) with inspection data including that from corrosion monitoring.
- Maintain registers such as for dead legs and temporary repairs.
- Provide coordination in implementing the anomaly process
- Assess corrosion monitoring and inspection data in the database and where appropriate recommend changes in the corrosion monitoring/ inspection programmes.
- Coordinate and issue reports for performance management or integrity data e.g. overdue reports, KPIs, as directed by your line manager.
- Review as directed CTRs for future jobs.
- Perform relief Offshore/ Site Inspection Engineer duties as required within the limitations of your Letter of Authority (LoA)
- Minimum UKAS RG2 Category 4 compatible (E)
- ONC in Mechanical Eng or NVQ Level 3 (such as in City & Guilds) in a suitable engineering subject (E) (Mechanical Engineering (P))
Note: ONC in Fabrication & welding or other similar subject could be considered provided the individual has other qualification e.g. ASME or API certification.
Alternatively, EngTech as defined by the Eng Council (or equivalent), through a suitable Engineering Institute such as IMarEST and Plant Inspector/Society of Operations Eng.
Note: BINDT is not deemed an engineering institute, thus other appropriate qualification and experience would be required
- HNC or greater in an Engineering related discipline (P)
- Incorporated Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or working towards award (P)
- Offshore medical, BOSIET and MIST certification (P)
- NDT certification for core techniques (P)
- Confined Space Entry training (P)
- Minimum 5 years of specific experience related to the job description (E). This could possibly be reduced based on qualifications such as an Engineering/ Science degree and type of experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes, standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment (P)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDE techniques (E)
- Microsoft Office (E)
- ACET or equivalent (P)
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving (E)
- Good communicator both written and verbal (E)
Essential Job Functions
Specific vision abilities for this job are required (all those who carry out field works should have this Validated by undergoing an annual eye test.
Job Title: Onshore Inspection Engineer
Job ID: 11745