Oceaneering SENIOR INSPECTION ENGINEER (PAUT QUALIFIED) - OMAN in United States
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Responsible for the effective provision and operation of inspection systems and services to the allocated assets/sites. To ensure that plant and equipment is certified in accordance with Oceaneering and client codes of practice, strategies and legislation with feedback of results to the client.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibiities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the Line Manager (LM) in management of Oceaneering workscope as defined in the contract with the client providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management;
- Assist with the implementation of an Integrity Risk Management Process, aligned to the client Risk Management Process;
- Ensure all work is compliant with relevent client engineering and safety standards including review of any feedback from client;
- Provide technical leadership to designated inspection discipline engineers with the team, allocating work to them within their technical capabilities and checking their output;
- Manage interfaces with other support disciplines e.g. Structures, Pipelines, Pressure Systems, External Corrosion, etc;
- Maintain appropriate levels of contact with asset teams and third parties to ensure an effective inspection and integrity service;
- Production and ongoing management of the asset inspection plans and other applicable planning processes e.g. corrosion monitoring;
- Responsible for inspection/integrity input to Plant shutdown or associated outages.
- Responsible for technical content of the Written Schemes of Examination or equivalent for appropriate pressure systems or equipment;
- Supervise the compliation of workpacks in compliance with Oceaneering/client procedures. Review and approve them;
- Select cost effective applications of non-invasive techniques and specialist technologies to ensure continued safe and reliable operations;
- Responsible for managing timely execution of defined inspection plans, coordinating with Occeaneering personnel, client and 3rd parties as required;
- Ensure effective data management within inspection database (e.g. ACET) and maintenance management systems (e.g. Maximo, SAP);
- Endorse inspection reports to ensure they comply with the relevant client and/or Oceaneering procedures. Instigate remedial action for any non-compliance;
- Responsible for implementing the anomaly process e.g. Inspection Query (IA) and Remedial Order (RO) process;
- Attend and lead meetings and reviews as appropriate e.g. Risk Based Assessment (RBA), Shutdown, IQRO, planning etc;
- Provide support as required to audits e.g. verification, client, internal, etc. If appliable carry out periodic site audits e.g. Management visits;
- Assist the Line Manager in production of reports as required by the client intending technical, performance management (e.g. Key Performance Indicators) and other appropriate reports;
- Assist in the development of appropriate annual budget and manage the CTR (Cost, Time & Resource) process;
- Responsible for carrying out ongoing assessments within the team as part of the Oceaneering Competency Management System (CMS).
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Directly supervises Technical non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
See competence map on Competence Management System for specific job competencies.
To perform this job sucessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Training
- UKAS RG2 Category compatible (E)
- Minimum HNC or NVQ Level 4 (e.g. City & Guilds) in a suitable engineering subject (E)
- Mechanical Engineering (P)
Note: HNC in Fabrication and welding or other similar subject could be considered provided the individual has other qualification e.g. ASME or API certification. Alternatively, IEng as defined by the Eng Council (or equivalent) through a suitable Engineering Institute such as IMarEST and Plant Inspector/Society of Operations Eng. Note: BINDT is not deemed an engineering institute, thus other appropriate qualification and experience would be required (E). (Overseas qualifications will have to be demonstrated as equivalent).
- Degree in an Engineering related discipline (P)
- Chartered Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent (P)
- ASME or CSWIP Plan Inspector Level 2 certification (P)
- API510 Pressure Vessel Inspector and API570 Piping Inspection (P)
- API653 or EMMUA 159 Level 1 Tank Inspection certification, if position is for a landsite containing large storage tanks (P)
- Offshore medical, BOSIET and MIST certification (P)
- NDT certification for core techniques (P)
- Confined Space Entry training (P)
- Minimum 6 years of specific experience related to the job description (E) (Note: BP contracts minimum 8 years experience)
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment (E)
- Have working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding and codes associated with fabrication and construction of plant and equipment (P)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures and NDT techniques (E)
- Microsoft Office (E)
- ACET or equivalent (P)
- Previous experience of coaching, mentoring and carrying out competency assessments (P)
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to generate a team approach to workflow execution and problem solving (E)
- Provide leadership, coordination or guidance to others (E)
- Good communicator both written, verbal and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefits of others (E)
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures (E)
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: SENIOR INSPECTION ENGINEER (PAUT QUALIFIED) - OMAN
Location: Oman- Onshore
Job ID: 11448