Oceaneering Operations Technician in Williamsburg, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Responsible for operating Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) in a safe and efficient manner, and maintaining and repairing all electronic, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems and sub-systems associated with ROVs including component repair, replacement and troubleshooting offshore and onshore. Position will require Relocation to Williamsburg,VA. - Company sponsored.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate equipment, vehicle functions, cameras (video and still), acoustic positioning system, sonar, manipulators (robotic arms), and LARS (Launch and Recovery Systems).
- Assist or pilot the ROV, including evaluating the environment conditions/hazrds and navigating the ROV by acoustics (TSS tracking system, sonar, and visual/video).
- Perform maintenance and repairs on electronics, hydraulics, and mechanical equipment.
- Operate test equipment, calibrate and align equipment, and perform general housekeeping and corrosion control.
- Use power, video, and data distribution equipment including: high voltage lines and transformers; phase, current, and voltage monitoring; ground fault protection circuits; sub-sea cameras; amplifiers; coaxial cables; video monitors; video converters; microprocessor controlled video switchers; modems; line drivers; serial ports; parallel ports.
- Termination of both multi-mode and single mode fiber-optic conductors and modems.
- Use sub-sea navigational equipment including but not limited to magnetic compass, gyro, transducer, sonar, altimeter, and associated survey equipment.
- Establish and maintain parts and supplies associated with all electrical and electronic devices.
- Integrate and operates ancillary tooling including but not limited to: hard & soft line cutters, pump units, water pumps, and associated hydraulic systems.
- Maintain parts and supplies inventory associated with all mechanical and hydraulic assemblies and subassemblies.
- Operate forklifts as needed.
- Interact with customer representatives, as well as key deck and engineering officers on designated mission vessels.
- Travel offshore is required. Schedules will vary but up to 25% should be expected.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of formal hydraulic, mechanical, electrical, and/or electronic training relating to ROVs.
- Minimum 2-3 years in of related offshore ROV experience.
- Ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- General working knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Must possess a current valid passport and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Card.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation
- Must be able to complete forklift certification and training.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds. Must be able to climb ladders and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, including Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint.
- Associates degree in a related field preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Operations Technician
Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
Job ID: 11525
Full/Part Time: Full-Time