Oceaneering Engineer - Pipelines in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To ensure that there are inspection/integrity procedures and systems in place and implemented. To co-ordinate and action the results of related inspection/maintenance activities on the Operations Integrity Assurance Scheme, for the Integrity Management of pipelines, risers and infrastructure associated with our client’s assets and pipelines in accordance with the relevant parts of the contract as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Line Manager (LM) in management of Oceaneering contract providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management
- Assist the Senior Pipeline Engineer in providing pipeline support to our clients which includes
- Inspection/maintenance activities for the Integrity Management of pipelines, risers and infrastructure in accordance with the relevant parts of the contract as required
- Ensure inspection/integrity procedures are in place and are implemented
- Develop and maintain all relevant pipeline and subsea documentation
- Produce inspection strategies and implement them for pipelines, risers and ESDV’s
- Manage and implement internal and external inspections. Review data and results to assess the remaining operational life of the pipelines. Update inspection procedures to reflect results as appropriate
- Compile annual report, including Technical Integrity Assessment documents for the above, for presentation to the HSE or relevant authorities. Review and amend procedures resulting from new or changes in legislation
- Define monitoring data requirements for pipeline integrity and review and interpret monitoring results
- Coordinate third party inspection contractor activities and progress any resulting recommendations, e.g. The results of ESDV operational closures and leakage testing, updating and issuing of the following plan
- Preparation of inspection and corrosion data for input into RBA reviews/and (or) client presentations and meetings
- Assist with CTR’s and budgets
- Support LM in production of Oceaneering monthly performance management report (e.g. dashboard)
- Assist the LM to achieve Key Performance Indicator (KPI) deliverables and overall management of the service
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far is resasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
Carry out work in accordance with the company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
- Degree in Engineering related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of specific experience related to the job description
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering, corrosion management, NDE, subsea practices and related legislation and codes of practice
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving and a good communicator, both written and verbal
- Chartered Engineer as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems and procedures, NDE technique
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitment to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organisational values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
- Planning/Organising - Prioritises and plans activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organises or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsiblity for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes taks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK with the potential for offshore / site visits which is characterised as follows;
- The position is predominately considered onshore office work. This is almost excluively indoors during the working day, and occasionally at night, in an open plan office with access by stairs and lifts.
- There may be a requirement to go to an onshore location alternate site
- Offshore and Onshore work may be characterised as living, working and sleeping on oil and gas production facilities with PPE and permit to work restrictions outdoors, over/near water, exposed to all weather conditions or inside exposed to high noise levels, extremely bright or inadequate lighting, cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Job ID: 13357
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland