Oceaneering ROV Supervisor Technician - Fixed Term Contract in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
The planning and supervision of ROV operations and ROV operational personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- To ensure that all ROV operations are conducted in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- To represent the Company at the offshore work location.
- To supervise and maintain the standards and procedures set out in Company Quality Assurance (QA) and Safety Policy in conjunction with Client and Regulatory Guidelines.
- Management of safety aspects of work and appropriate onsite project related input to ensure the continued safety of all involved personnel
- Assessment of risks and development of risk control measures suitable for the work being undertaken
- Supervise management of Oceaneering HSE forms i.e. BBSM, Incident Investigation, JSEA/Risk assessments and Lockout/Tag out
- Responsible for HSE, administrative, and operational considerations on assigned system.
Teamwork & Co-operation
- Demonstrate effectiveness of team building techniques
- Determine the best methods to handle animosity between two crewmembers
- Define the meaning of teaching people to work as a team and some of the challenges faced
- Discuss with assessor how to motivate and upkeep the morale of a team or individual
- Ability to take appropriate action in the event of an emergency situation and take lead role where appropriate
- Ensure ROV crew and others understand and reviews their roleinemergency situations
- Instruct ROV crew on emergency procedures of vessel
Piloting Skills/Navigational Ability
- Provide instruction to junior crewmembers on piloting and navigation techniques
- Demonstrate the ability to pilot in low visibility, high current and heavy payload conditions
- Demonstrate ability to conduct advanced manipulator tasks
Demonstrate ability to convince assessor of overall system knowledge and understanding to include installation, maintenance, operation, purpose and requirements
Discuss all applications, capabilities and limitations of current system being worked
Produce and identify each schedule maintenance form while discussing both ET and MT requirements
Demonstrate ability to make judgment calls when additional preventative maintenance should be conducted or when unscheduled system check-ups need to be performed i.e. ground fault checks, water alarm checks.
Maintains working spares inventory on board system.
Safe Operating Procedures
Discuss all aspects of deck operations to include promoting and monitoring the safety of the team
Demonstrate confidence in making critical decisions that do or may effect operations
Provide assessor with recent reports concerning safety issues and address what was done to prevent them in our operations
Initiate and complete Client required documents
Initiate and complete regulatory required documents
Initiate and complete company required documentation including Lighthouse applications
Impart knowledge of all required Client, regulatory and company documentation to crew members
Provides prompt and accurate reporting in proper formats as required by ROV management.
Provide instructions to junior crewmembers on hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems
Ability to mobilize and de-mobilize an ROV systems
Instruct junior crewmembers on intervention techniques and procedures
Provide advice to Client on selection of intervention tools
Advise Client on ROV capabilities and limitations
Read additional information concerning the Oil and Gas industry.
Read information concerning Oceaneering's front line business groups with emphasis on ROV's.
Read and be able to discuss additional reading concerning management, leadership and team effectiveness.
Ensure that safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on theCompany.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Directly supervises two non-supervisory employees on an ROV system. Manages and delegates workscope and maintenance tasks, and ensures that client's expectations and workscope are met.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Ski.lls - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership-Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles;Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well underpressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance;Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changesin the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation;. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to manager)'lent direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily .The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
Education and/or Experience
- Proven track record in supervising Offshore ROV Operations in one or more of the following:
- Construction Projects
- ROV Systems- Magnum, Triton, Eyeball Systems, Triton XL, Trojan,Super Scorpio (P) Intervention Tooling: -TDU
- Torque Tools
- Injection Skids/Pumps
- 3 Phase HVAC Distribution Systems
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Job Title: ROV Supervisor Technician - Fixed Term Contract
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland;Offshore - Eastern Hemisphere
Job ID: 12706
Full/Part Time: Full-Time