Oceaneering Service Technician in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary role of the Service Technician is to assist in functioning, testing, and maintainingall equipment including any subsea products. This will be required both onshore and offshore.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform pre and post job testing on all equipment. Load and unload gang boxes and work vans
- Disassemble, inspect maintain, repair and reassemble al equipment. Troubleshoot, identify and replace defective parts and components on all equipment
- Apply lubricants to machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears and bearings including motors and pumps
- Clean and remove dirt, grease, waste material and pressure washes all equipment.
- Clean work area, tools and equipment and perform other routine duties associated with day to day operations and equipment upkeep.
- Instruct other technicians in job setup, de-mob and pre-and post-job testing of all equipment as per Lead Technician or Shop Foreman direction.
- Assist with all technical data for job such as drawings and changes to drawings as required for job.
- Provide support on subsea products and assists in maintenance, repair, installation and commissioning of these products.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment that is involved with job.Maintain credentials and complete required training on-line in Learning Management System.
- Assist shipping and receiving in loading and unloading of all equipment, maintaining general inventories and upkeep of spares kits.
- May attend pre- and post- job meetings with Project Managers and Clients with or in place of Lead Technician.
- May directly interface with client on job issues and problems if Lead Technician is not available and maintain professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid passport, TWIC card, and the ability to obtain foreign visas
- Industrial offshore and overseas for extende period of time
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of subsea tree control and water/glycol hydraulic control systems
- Industrial offshore experience in subsea installation of trees, manifolds and ambilicals
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognising resposibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals
Job Title: Service Technician
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Job ID: 13281
Full/Part Time: Full-Time