Oceaneering HSE Advisor in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position is responsible for the management of HSE in the designated areas within Middle East Operations. The specific HSE duties includes but not limited to the development, deployment and maintenance of a comprehensive HSE management system designed to minimize injuries, reduce exposure to workplace hazards, comply with Company, Customer , regulatory, industry standards such as ISO & API requirements. The major duties are centered on building a positive safety culture using the HSE Management System framework. This position may be assigned additional duties by the HSE Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with Core Process Owners to implement the HSE Core Processes and associated HSE Management System requirements.
- Collaborate with the Management Group and Line Managers to deliver on HSE expectations.
- Steward the implementation and maintenance of the Local Management Teams and LSR Self verification process.
- Direct and supervise local HSE personnel, collaborate effectively with other HSE & Training Leaders globally.
- Set annual HSE performance goals, track these on a monthly basis, shares best practices and areas for continuous improvement.
- Manage and lead the implementation of the Corporate, Regional and local HSE Management System requirements.
- Develop and maintain local legal register, interface with local regulatory agencies as needed
- RISK MANAGEMENT
- Provide technical support to Line Management; assist in to develop and maintain risk assessments for all high hazard tasks and monitor the implementation of the control measures.
- Effectively drive the usage of the Management of Change process to manage risks associated with changes.
- Develop and maintain a robust contractor management program.
- FATALITY PREVENTION
- Manage successfully the integration of the Life Saving Rules Fatality Prevention Behaviors into risk assessments and JSEA.
- Effectively design and drive an effective communications plan regarding the Life Saving Rules Fatality Prevention Behaviors requirements.
- Co-Lead all high potential incident investigations.
- INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
- Provide technical support to Line Management during incident investigations.
- Review incidents and provide insight on key trends.
- Track corrective action to drive improvement and accountability.
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
- Actively promote and participate in employee safety meetings, pre-shift meetings and toolbox talks
- Utilize the Safety Campaign platform to build ownership of the HSE requirements.
- Establish and enhance communication programs that supports the Oceaneering HSE philosophies.
- Provide the leadership and technical support for processes such as the STOP system, Joint Audits employee observation process and Customer required systems.
- TRAINING & COMPETENCY
- Provide leadership, support and training ( supervisor and manager) to build technical, management and leadership skills needed to drive a positive safety culture
- Fully utilize the LMS for new hire and refresher training
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- Provide technical support to Line Management; assist in to develop and implement the environmental aspect and impact registers; and monitor the implementation of the control measures.
- Review spill control measures in place to ensure they are adequate.
- SELF VERIFICATION
- Partner with Line Management to ensure the critical processes and safe guards/barriers are reviewed regularly using the self-verification process.
- Collaborate with Line Management and HSE Personnel to perform audits and inspections; provide feedback, establish and track required actions to improve HSE performance improvements.
- Participate in local LMT, Operations and HSE Team Meetings including Global HSE Calls.
Reasonable accommodations are made in this area of the job.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to ensure this is compiled by all employees in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, and Environmental Management Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report directly to HSE Manager.
- This position has a working relationship reporting lines to all Line Management in the Middle East.
- This position has a working relationship with other key stakeholders e.g. Customer’s HSE Representatives, regulatory agencies, vendors, contractors etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences or Engineering or Safety related field.
- NEBOSH International General Certificate or any equivalent certification.
- ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 (ISO45001) Internal Auditor certificate or equivalent.
- Root cause analysis training
- Risk Management Training
- Occupational Health Safety Abu Dhabi Accreditation and UAE Health & Safety Accreditation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- 7 -10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in oil and gas industry especially in Offshore Operations and non-destructive testing (Radiation).
- Working knowledge of the Middle East laws and decrees.
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 & OHSAS18001 (ISO45001) standard requirements.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English language is essential.
Ability to communicate in Arabic language will be an advantage.
- Utilize the HSE Team identity to build strong partnership with individuals or groups that result in ‘world class HSE performance.
- Continuously seeking (or encouraging others to seek) opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational change and opportunities; facilitating the use of knowledge or help from outside the workplace (from the larger organization or outside the organization) to identify potential problems or improvement opportunities; advocating the need for self or others to seek a better way to address work process issues.
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Gaining commitment
- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved.
- Strategic decision making
- Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values
- Team development
- Utilize Leading High Performance Teams and Pathways to Leadership methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate and guide a team toward a successful completion of a program/project; modifying behavior according to tasks, situations and team members involved.
- Core Values
- Utilize the Oceaneering Core Values to establish high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- High level of technical HSE knowledge particularly in the area of HSE Management Systems and associated processes.
- Australia laws.
- International standards OHSAS18001 (ISO45001) and ISO 14001 and 9001.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, Customers and the general public, Arabic language knowledge would be an advantage.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PeopleSoft
This position is considered office & warehouse/workshop based with occasional trips to offshore/worksites locations and customer sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Job Title: HSE Advisor
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job ID: 12900
Full/Part Time: Full-Time