Oceaneering Project Driver in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
To provide secure and timely driving services to transport passengers and/or goods. Deliver payment transfers to the bank, assist with postage and with pick up of office purchases, documents, equipment, and any other tasks required by Operations Manager or his substitutes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take instructions from Operations Planner regarding each day’s deliveries or pick / drop services
- Pick and drop company employees from /to desired destinations as per Operations Planner’s instructions
- Make deliveries by maintaining correct knowledge of destinations and concerned contacts
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport
- Keep all records, including receipts for vehicle maintenance
- Report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor or manager
- Should have sufficient knowledge of traffic laws and hold fast entirely to them
- Distribute mail as needed, both incoming and outgoing
- Pick up flight tickets
Facilitate airport pick ups
Car Security and Maintenance
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Ensure vehicle is kept secure at all times
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
- Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, prepare vehicle spare parts inventory
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
- Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the company health, safety, environmental, and quality systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of more environmental friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Valid UAE Driver’s License
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a driver and with good driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Understanding of transportation law
- Good traffic judgment
- Good knowledge about car mechanics
- Knowledge of the location
- Excellent driving skills
- Flexible, effective team work and interpersonal skills
This position is considered an OUTDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Work outdoors while loading and unloading goods.
- Drive a vehicle on a daily basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Job Title: Project Driver
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job ID: 12787
Full/Part Time: Full-Time