Oceaneering Software Engineer in Austin, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Software Engineer will design and develop software for submersible Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and potentially various other projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design software additions to existing applications.
- Develop software using Visual Studio.
- Requirements, design, implementation and testing of software tasks as assigned.
- Maintain code and documentation using revision control.
- Collaboration with other divisions within Oceaneering to successfully design and deploy products.
- Up to 10 % onshore travel. Potential for occasional offshore travel.
- Must be able to communicate to both technical resources and non technical/other personnel regarding specifications for applications or processes being developed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or the physical sciences (e.g. electrical or mechanical engineering, physics).
- Three (3) to (7) seven years/ of relevant experience.
- Strong programming background.
- Knowledge of C/C++ programming
- Familiarity with embedded systems design and/or robotics.
- Experience/knowledge of programming with real-time systems.
- Development in Windows using Visual Studio or Linux using gcc.
- Experience with Qt framework.
- Experience with network programming.
- Exposure to projects using CMMI or other formal processes.
- Knowledge of Subversion and/or TestTrack.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas
Job ID: 13212
Full/Part Time: Full-Time