Oceaneering Accounts Payable Supervisor in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To provide day to day operational support and management to the team of Accounts Payable (AP) Specialists and respond to financial function queries. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and maintains accurate financial records and control reports. Prepares accounts payable register and related reports in a timely manner.This role will provide leadership, expertise and advice to the AP team to enable them to deliver to a consistently high standard the key financial activities within the AP function.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate scanning, processing of invoices, payments, helpdesk, vendor reconciliation and resolve issues with suppliers and internal departments. Also, posting of control groups.
- Research, resolve and communicate on discrepancies of outstanding balances on escalated issues
- Manages monthly closing of Accounts Payable records
- Responsible for assisting in development / update and enforcement of SOP's, procedures, processes and guidelines that will improve business evaluation, control and planning
- Explore possibilities to improve the accounts payable process and take initiatives to optimize
- Coach and lead Accounts payable related trainings and need based trainings established on the training gaps
- Maintain, prepare and submit MIS, Dashboard & reporting on related KPI’s
- Prepare, review and submit of Accruals, Vendor Payments, Accounts Payable Reconciliation
- Assist and provide support for all Audits.Sample Audit of various Accounts Payable process to gauge process health.Filling of any statutory/tax compliance returns/reports
- Conduct One O One's, Performance Appraisals of team members
- Perform any other related duties and assignments as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Commerce graduate or above.
Minimum of 7-10 years experience with an international company
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
People Management and effective coaching
Sound knowledge of Accounts Payable processes and accounting principles
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Strong verbal, written communications skills and Presentation skills
Handle difficult customers and ability to work under pressure
Team Player, Self motivated & Enthusiastic/Driven.
Work positively and ethically
Ability to Delegation and own Accountability for results
Hiring, developing and performance management
Judgment & decision-making skills
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 12945
Full/Part Time: Full-Time