Oceaneering Application Developer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The role will encompass the use of a broad range of .NET and open source technologies, operating systems (Windows, Linux) and application environments (SQL Server, Oracle DB, IIS), with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice security principles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prior experience with Microsoft tool (.NET framework, Powershell, Team foundation Server, Visual Studio Team services, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS)
- Experience with popular web application frameworks (ASP.NET, JQuery, AJAX, Bootstrap, Razor, MVC)
- Knowledge in JSON/REST web services
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience in Linux/Unix Administration is a plus
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL, Elasticsearch
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Couchbase
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Azure cloud devops experience
- Proficient with APIs and Service oriented architectures
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development
- Comfortable working with agile methodology and tools
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Integration with AWS/Azure/VMWare
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Manager - Product Development
- Full Time Graduates / Post Graduates in: BE / BTech / ME / MTech / MSc / MCA / MCM / MS
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience and in ASP.Net, C#, MVC, Angular JS, Web Services and its associated technologies.
- In depth knowledge of Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience building and using APIs and service oriented architectures (JSON/REST web services)
- Strong knowledge in writing SQL queries and stored procedures
- Strong OO Programming skills in C#.
- Basic DB administration experience (SQL Server, Oracle).
- Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Experience administering version control systems such as TFS.
- Experience in Android or iOS, Mobile application development will be added advantage
- Experience with JIRA will be added advantage
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
- Must be able to speak and write English with advanced proficiencies and experience speaking with international customers is a plus.
- Should be able to work independently, as well as on teams, in an agile, global environment
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Application Developer
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 12441