Oceaneering Component Engineer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Research, coordinate and support engineering staff in Trade Compliance, selection and qualification of sourced and bought out components, assemblies, and related hardware. Ensure these components meet the product specifications and are reliable and effective. Works under limited supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine Harmonized Tariff Schedule classifications ((HTSUS) for components and finished goods, including maintaining HTS data in corporate systems.
- Work closely with configuration management team to maintain visibility to new item set-ups requiring classification.
- Review and update Local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and act as liaison with the company’s broker and Corporate Trade Compliance on classification issues.
- Handle all Country of Origin issues including maintaining Country of Origin data in corporate systems.
- Work with Trade Compliance management to streamline the process associated for classification.
- Coordinates with Buyers to insure that all attributes for Purchase Requisition requirements are being followed and met.
- Initiates communication with distributors and manufacturers to obtain and insure that the part classification is correct and complete.
- Monitors the Daily report for new items added to BU from any source and ensures that all appropriate attributes are assigned.
- Continually checks both PLM and PeopleSoft databases for errors, inconsistencies and duplicates and make repairs as appropriate. Interfaces with Worldwide Configuration.
- Record keeping and history of all COTS parts including description of issues and measures taken to resolve
- Provide technical support for data cleanup on raw material, electrical components, hydraulic/mechanical components and faster definitions and using Engineering Change Request process to analyze modifications to COTS.
- Adopt and maintain a strong, ever-present and overriding culture of safety in all facets of professional activities and actively help manage and promote Oceaneering’s HSE policies and
- Research, co-ordinate and support engineering staff in selection and qualification of sourced and bought out components, assemblies and related hardware.
- Create/Update database for COTS/Material, maintain effective COTS database to match specifications; including attribute definition, component classification, vendor definition.
- Interpret & use industry codes, company SOP’s & standards relevant to process being designed.
- Perform duplicity check for all new COTS requests.
- Handle the COTS/Material changes and updates in PLM/PDM systems as per Business Unit specific processes.
- Understand and comply to established CE/SCM processes.
- Ascertain deliveries with required quality, within schedule.
- Resolve technical queries raised by customers or field technician to select/source RIGHT PRODUCT.
- Review work specifications/ECO etc. created by other engineers.
- Communicate regular progress updates to customer.
- Monitor & record performance/health parameters related to project assigned, take corrective actions in case of any anomaly observed, define/implement preventive action plan.
- Classify components/products as per UNSPSC Standards.
- Analyze COTS data as per SCM prospective.
- Be open to travel as per business needs.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
Required Bachelors of Engineering with Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic or other relevant educational field.
Two or more than 2 years of experience in the field of Component Engineering/Trade Compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Intermediate to Expert level user of SolidWorks and PLM/PDM/PSFT Software
- Awareness of Mechanical/Electrical industry codes/standards (e.g. ASME, ASTM, AISC, IEC tc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Well aware of Procurement, Vendor Selection and Negotiation.
- Well versed with Purchasing, Inventory and other SCM functions.
- Well versed with Lean and Six Sigma Technologies
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13519
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time