Oceaneering Document Controller in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
To provide document control services on time with high quality by ensuring that the processes are followed. Work under supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create document objects and attach appropriate files.
- Engage in document migration projects as required.
- Revise files and document objects, set up ECOs for sites to review and approve for new documents.
- Run weekly reports to track aging ECOs, ECRs, and ROUTES etc. and develop metrics.
- Run daily Release Report & Development part OII Report and check all attributes are filled- in correctly.
- To ensure consistency of all documentation/information put into PLM/PDM. This will ensure easier retrieval of information.
- Generate the various document control reports as required.
- Convert and upload legacy documents into PLM/PDM.
- Provide the quality of deliverables and maintain quality records (KPI's).
- Ensure the entry in Lesson Learned log after completion of each project.
- Promote team spirit, open & transparent work culture.
- Work towards establishing Operational Excellence at ODC. Support Quality Management System implementation at ODC and drive Continuous Improvement process.
- Do additional administrative /technical jobs as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Required Bachelors in Science / Commerce / PGDCA/ BCA or other relevant educational field.
- 0 - 2 years of practical experience as Document Controller or equivalent position
- Should possess knowledge of the Microsoft Office package, especially of Excel and word.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Exposure with PLM / PDM or Other Document management tools is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Self motivated, confident and passionate.
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills.
- Disciplined documentation and record keeping skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability under adverse conditions.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Job Title: Document Controller
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 12329