Oceaneering Engineering Analyst (SURF) in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Engineering Analyst verifies compliance to strength and functional requirements of designs through engineering analysis & calculations. Works under limited supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
Needs to perform following activities under supervision.
- Study inputs available (drawings, CAD models, technical documents) for a product / design
- Establish analysis approach and schedule
- Verify compliance to strength & functional requirements of designs through Engineering analysis & calculations
- Interpret & use industry codes & standards relevant to product being worked upon
- Review analysis basis document, load test procedure
- Review models, drawings & calculation reports created by the designers
- Understand and comply to established Engineering processes
- Monitor & record performance/health parameters related to project assigned, take corrective actions in case of any anomaly observed, define/implement preventive action plan
- Communicate regular progress updates to customer
- Prepare design verification reports
- Ascertain Engineering deliveries with required quality, within schedule
- Participate in design reviews with internal customer
- Resolve technical queries raised by customers or third party reviewers, assist design approval process
- Prepare Engineering calculations templates
- Prepare analysis process documents
- Demonstrates high level of initiative to accomplish individual objectives assigned as well as team goals
- Should be open to travel as per business needs
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities
Other duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Will report to Manager - Engineering analysis (M7)
- This position will regularly interact with Oceaneering's engineers located worldwide.
- The day to day responsibilities will be managed by Manager directly or by P6 level staff.
Education & Experience
- Post Graduation (Master degree) in Mechanical/Ocean/Subsea (or related) Engineering with minimum one year of relevant industry experience, OR
- Graduation (Bachelor degree) in Mechanical/Ocean/Subsea (or related) Engineering with minimum two years of relevant industry experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Good knowledge and experience of global as well as local analysis of SURF systems
- Good knowledge of relevant CAE software (e.g. Orcaflex, Shear 7, Uflex/Bflex, Comsol/ANSYS etc.)
- Familiarity with relevant industry codes/standards (e.g.; DNV-GL, API, ASME, AISC etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Engineering programming tools (e.g.; Python, R-Programming, Matlab etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Engineering Analyst (SURF)
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 12961
Full/Part Time: Full-Time