Oceaneering General Ledger Accounting Analyst in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Prepares and/or analyzes payroll reports, payroll schedules, and payroll related journal entries using established policies, procedures, and guidelines on a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and/or reviews the accuracy of payroll related journal entries and performs account reconciliation and analysis while ensuring supporting documentation is accurate and in compliance with company policies.
- Analyzes payroll reports, statements, records and making recommendations to improve payroll process.
- Prepares audit schedules and assists/coordinates audit of accounting statements/reports after being approved by the respective Supervisor.
- Coordinates payroll matters with other departments, locations, and business units.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and document business transactions
- Maintain SOX compliance process documentation and coordinate with local finance team to update them regularly.
- Reporting and Analysis of financials as per management's requirements.
- Perform any other related duties and assignments as required or assigned, but not limited to above.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to the extent of reasonable practicability, in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company's Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
- Eliminate wastage in any form, to encourage the use of more environmental friendly substances and practices, contributing towards the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Commerce graduate or above.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with an international company
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Sound knowledge of GL Accounting processes and accounting principles.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and soft skills.
- Accurate and methodical in approach.
- Strong Communications and Presentation skills.
- Team Player, Self motivated & Enthusiastic.
- Flexibility and Adaptability.
- Judgment & decision-making skills.
- Problem-solving & analytical ability.
- Present oneself professionally with proper etiquettes.
- Be accountable for work by following instructions.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13131
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time