Oceaneering General Ledger Analyst in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Perform the essential day to day and month-end General Ledger accounting activities required for accurate reporting in line with accounting standards and internal policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and document business transactions.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare Balance sheets reconciliation, P&L; statement and cash forecast. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Categorization of Financial transactions to reflect correctly as per company's policy and accounting standards.
- Follow and adhere a system of controls, procedures, and forms for any Financial reconciliation..
- Prepare and provide any reports to the auditors after approval from Supervisor.
- Update SOP’s on regular basis as required.
- Maintain SOX compliance process documentation and coordinate with local finance team to update them regularly.
- Other duties as assigned.* *
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Commerce graduate or above.
- Minimum of 3+ year experience with an international company
- Professional accountancy qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Good Knowledge of accounting principles
- Intermediate / advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Customer service focus.
- Accurate and methodical in approach.
- Team Player, Self motivated & Enthusiastic/Driven
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: General Ledger Analyst
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 13326
Full/Part Time: Full-Time