Oceaneering Lease Accountant in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Function as a member of the Houston based project team tasked with implementing the new leasing standard known as ASC 842. Implementation is scheduled for completion on or about May 1, 2019. Post implementation, this role will be responsible for the day to lessee accounting centrally performed in Chandigarh for Oceaneering worldwide
Duties & Responsibilities
Tasks & Functions
- Learn about the new leasing standard known as ASC 842
- Work as a member of the ASC 842 implementation project team
- Research and assessing Lessee lease agreements across Oceaneering
- Contribute content to new Lessee leasing policies and procedures
- Contribute content to Lessee lease training materials
- Assist with training of Oceaneering personnel on Lessee accounting
- Contribute data for quarterly disclosures (10Q) related to Lessee accounting
- Assess Oceaneering issued purchase orders which may constitute or contain a lease under ASC 842 Summarize purchase order information for data entry (by others) into the leasing data fields within PSFT
- Manage the data entry task performed by others
- Run reports / submit results periodically / as requested to corporate accounting function in Houston
- Perform any additional duties assigned as required.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position will NOT have supervisory responsibilities.
* Reporting Relationship *
Commerce graduate or above.
Minimum of 5+ years’ experience with an international company
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal, written communications skills and Presentation skills
- Handle difficult customers and ability to work under pressure
- Team Player, Self motivated & Enthusiastic/Driven.
- Work positively and ethically
- Judgment & decision-making skills
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
ALL postings must contain the ADA sentence. Beyond that, there are THREE categories: LIGHT, MEDIUM, or HEAVY. LIGHT is shown here.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Lease Accountant
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 13325
Full/Part Time: Full-Time