Oceaneering Liferay Developer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry,with a focus on deep water applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise,we also serve the defense and aerospace industries.
Liferay Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. will be part of a talented software team. Candidate should be able to think critically about problems, is able to identify impacts that may not readily be known and choose the right course of action.
Duties & Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Developing layouts and themes in Liferay Portal
- Custom portlet design and development
- Configuration and custom styling of out-of-box applications / portlets
- Perform Liferay portal customization
- Should have good experience in UI for responsive design
- Work with end users to identify and troubleshoot issues associated with the Liferay portal and applications
- Independently manage all aspects related to Liferay development and support
College degree or equivalent from College or technical school; Minimum of 3-5 years experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Liferay Development.
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to advance in an international company. Visit www.oceaneering.com, select ‘Careers > Career search and then click ' Oceaneering Job Search' to apply
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Liferay development
- Strong skills in Java application development (Java/J2EE)
- Expert in desiging and developing custom portlets using Java/JSP
- Extensive knowledge in Java 7 and/or 8, including APIs
- Experience in working with databases (Oracle, MySQL PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge in JSON/REST web services
- Fast learner; able to learn new software solutions, business processes, and design techniques quickly and efficiently, critical thinking skills
- Solid knowledge of analysis and design techniques and system implementation methodologies, with demonstrated experience with minimum of 5 years in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle SDLC
- Experience with JIRA will be added advantage
- Experience in Alfresco will be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently, as well as on teams, in an agile, global environment
Job Title: Liferay Developer
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 12214
Full/Part Time: Full-Time