Oceaneering Payroll Associate (Time and Labor) in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Processing of local and multiple international Employee Time Sheets, Expenses and Payroll within specified timeframe and accurately as per guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process Payroll Input in the ERP, in coordination with the local HR/HRIS teams as per the SOP.
- Calculate Payroll and generate GTNA (Gross to net report) along with other payroll validation reports.
- Perform first level review of reports and share it with respective supervisor for approval.
- Prepare Tax calculation sheet and submit tax sheets for further approvals and payments.
- Prepare Time and Labor reports and submit to the respective SME for approvals and closure of payrolls.
- Perform Time and Labor system testing in coordination with the Implementation/Tech team.
- Validate time data related queries and ensure data correctness and report any system issues if any.
- Ensure that Expense Reports are in compliance with Company policies as per SOP, check supporting documentation, calculations and account coding.
- Prepare electronic transfer into banking software and submit to Supervisor for approval.
- Distribute pay slips and any statutory documents/certificates to employees.
- Work as an initial point of contact for employees and resolve queries as per the service level agreement, if necessary allocate to the relevant stakeholder for resolution.
- Prepare MIS reports as in when required, and submit it to the respective Supervisor.
- Prepare SOP and maintain the version control as in when changes are observed in the processes.
- Report system related concerns and help in resolving the issues, if necessary escalate it to the relevant teams.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
Commerce graduate or above.
Minimum of 1-3 years experience with an international company
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Good Knowledge of Basic Accounting / Payroll practices
- Good working knowledge on Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Customer service focus.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Payroll Associate (Time and Labor)
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 12752
Full/Part Time: Full-Time