Oceaneering Principal Network Engineer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The responsibilities include the design, installation and maintenance of the Global Data Solutions Data Network globally. The individual must be qualified at all levels of LAN, WAN, Voice, and Security technologies. The candidate must be competent to work as a SME in the design, support, and troubleshooting of the Network Infrastructure.
Knowledge of standard project management practices with excellent written and oral communications skills are also required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Configuring, testing, and troubleshooting of network equipment such as Cisco routers/switches, IP phones, CME, CUE, and wireless LAN equipment in coordination with Project, Engineering, and Customer teams
- Configuring, Testing, Installation, Troubleshooting of global data routing, global call routing, global video routing and general network connectivity in coordination with Project, Engineering, and Customer teams
- Document all network designs, configurations, and network change requests to maintain real time accountability network architecture for Network Operations Center
- Standardize global design and documentation of data, voice, and video globally
- Flexible schedule and sense of urgency to support escalations that impact business operations and client services
- Lead network activity for mobilizations and demobilization's while updating all documentation and systems pertaining to defined activity
- Lead and mentor junior technicians on troubleshooting Global Data Solutions systems
- Participate in project planning activities
- Answer phone and email client requests for support on GDS services
- Available after hours and weekends as needed and willing to work on-call rotation
- Maintain procedures and standards in support of Network operations and documentation required for network administration
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to work well in a team or individually.
- Continuously strive to learn new technology and product solutions required for Projects and Services
- Promote positive work environment attitude
- Promote customer service
- Update and maintain site cards and Network drawings
- Promote safety in workplace that aligns with Oceaneering’s policies
- Ability to work as a team member, team lead and/or independently
- Other duties as assigned.
Undertaking activities within the planning / detailed design cycle to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
Develop technical design documentation for initial roll-outs, moves, adds and changes
Verify and approve client network design documents
Mentor Network Engineer Data and Senior Network Engineers in the team with technical and implementation support
Respond effectively and courteously to all internal/client requests
Seek and collate internal feedback on performance
Support customer project work at Senior level
Keep team well informed of quality issues which may impact client satisfaction
Liaise closely with all internal/external resources for implementation activities
Effectively communicate project information to management as relevant
Education and/or Experience
- 5-10 years working on Data, Wireless and Security technologies
- 5-10 years experience directly working with customer and client technical teams
- Minimum 5 years designing wireless networks for WAN and LAN solutions
- Minimum 5 years in IPv4 and IPv6 subnetting and routing
- Minimum 5 years designing global call routing with on Cisco VG, CME, CUE, and CCM.
- Minimum CCIE
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
Expert understanding of:
- TCP/IP network protocols following the OSI model
- Cisco ASA Firewall with working knowledge of DMZ design and security best practices
- Wireless design typically gained from past experiences with the Cisco product line
- Configuring and troubleshooting GRE/IPSEC in a dynamic vpn environment
- QOS policies across the Enterprise for Data, Voice and Video solutions
- Cisco ASR’s, Nexus, Catalyst 6500’s, 2960’s, 2900 ISR, 4000 ISR, 819, 829, 3560, ASA and WISM product lines
- Cisco CME, CUE, SIP, SCCP, Telephony services, Voice Codec’s, and Translation patterns
- Routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, RIPv2, OSPF, PFRv3 and Static routing protocols while using IPSLA
- Troubleshooting software such as Solarwinds, Wireshark, and packet tracers
- DNS resolution
- Routing over VSAT, 4G LTE, WiMAX, Metro-ethernet, and fiber
- Cisco Wireless VoIP, Wireless Controllers, and autonomous and lightweight Access Points
- Switching technology fundamentals
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of such programs as Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Essential Job Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is indoors during the day and occasionally at night and is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing all ranges. This is considered light work.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Excellent technical capabilities and a well established background in the network design arena are required for this role, along with a detailed understanding of the UK and global markets. You will have experience with multinational companies and a long track record of achievements within such.
You should have a genuine interest in and proven capability to design medium to large size LAN/WAN and WiFi solutions and to see them through build and into implementation. An excellent knowledge of LAN technologies based on key vendor equipment (Cisco, Juniper, Hauwai) is therefore essential along with a detailed knowledge of routing and switching techniques and protocols.
Knowledge of the following is sought to varying degrees;
- Large scale routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Knowledge of IP VPN, MPLS, ATM, Frame Relay, X.25, xDSL, Voice, VoIP, WLAN
- Knowledge of infrastructure services including SDH,CWDM, DWDM,
- Knowledge of load balancing solutions such as SSL offloading
- Knowledge of network based applications and their security dependencies
- Experience of security designs, products, implementations and principles
- Experience of designing and configuring QoS
Excellent communication skills are required for this role; both verbally and in writing, and you must be able to present technical information clearly. You should be able to work across various cultures and have experience of working in a matrix organisation. You should like to work in a team but also be able to be autonomous.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Motivation- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Principal Network Engineer
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 12411
Full/Part Time: Full-Time