Oceaneering Senior Product Development Engineer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Develop Business Cases through Market Study, Conduct Literature Review, Conceptualize, Design and Develop products in form of device, assembly or system until its validation against all required technical specifications. Supervise / mentor entry level Engineers.
Duties & Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise & mentor Engineers on product/prototype design & development assignments
- Execute complex design projects from start to delivery until the qualification of the product through testing, FEA etc.
- Study subsea oil & gas market opportunities to identify needs & problems, generate and screen ideas, make business cases.
- Benchmark competitor’s products of the relevant segment with reference to technology, features, construction, materials, reliability, quality, cost etc.
- Explore information available from all sources, including journals, online published content, subscribed newsletters etc. Conduct literature survey, Patent landscape analysis etc.
- Lead multiple projects at the same time, including less intensive cross-functional projects
- Direct team of Product Development Engineers to enable them to handle design/development projects effectively
- Review work carried out by other Product Development engineers, Lead design reviews and brainstorming session for developing optimized concepts
- Review deliveries made by the team
- Ascertain compliance of established Engineering processes by the product development team
- Define functional processes and work towards continuous improvement
- Liaise with external research agencies/vendors or Institutes to develop technology and products/prototypes which provide strategic advantage to Oceaneering in the market place.
- Demonstrate deep expertise in robust product design & problem solving tools such as DFSS, DFMEA, Reliability scorecard, TRIZ, 8D and other six sigma tools.
- Act as single point of contact for one or more business units for product development projects
- Communicate with business units to understand their business needs
- Define scope of work
- Plan jobs for duration, cost, etc.
- Have resources allocated
- Share regular updates about work with client
- Monitor performance on relevant key performance indicators
- Validate timesheets of team members assigned
- Provide technical guidance on multiple areas of expertise to other team members, act as SME
- Prepare & conduct technical trainings
- Should be open to travel as per business needs
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Guide team members to have them accomplish their performance goals
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices
Education, Experience & Software Skills
- Education & Experience
- Post Graduation (Master degree) in Mechanical Engineering with minimum four years of relevant industry experience in new product development, OR
- Graduation (Bachelor degree) in Mechanical Engineering with minimum six years of relevant industry experience in new product development.
- Expert level knowledge on use of Solidworks and PLM/PDM software
- Strong knowledge of more than one relevant Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g.; ASME, DNV, API, AISC etc.)
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD & calculations software
- Basic knowledge of project management software (e.g. Primavera)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to advance in an international company. Visit www.oceaneering.com, select ‘Careers > Career search and then click ' Oceaneering Job Search' to apply
An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
- Mentoring skills
- Leadership abilities
- Patent landscape analysis
Job Title: Senior Product Development Engineer
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 11683
Full/Part Time: Full-Time