Oceaneering Senior Reliability Engineer - P6 Grade 1 in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Assess the reliability availability and maintainability of products and systems through engineering and statistical analyses. Would be required to work independently on Reliability aspect of New product development and on regular operations project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Study product designs and system schematics (drawings, CAD models, technical documents) and interface with cross functional teams to understand their functionality and determine failure modes
- Lead workshops on Technology Maturity Assessment through assessment of Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) and Technical Risks (TRC)
- Lead workshops with cross functional teams to carry out Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Search for and Identify correct failure data for components from various sources such as field data, historical references and databases.
- Use appropriate reliability assessment tools (RBD, Event Tree Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Load Strength Interference etc.) to predict product or system reliability
- Provide expert inputs for reliability demonstration tests and monitor and analyze the test results
- Identify and define accelerated test requirements
- Reliability analysis report preparation
- Review results and reports of reliability analyses carried out by other members of the team
- Analyze field failure data to update FMECA and RAM to track reliability growth
- Approve deliveries made by team
- Ascertain compliance of established Engineering processes by the Reliability engineering team
- Act as single point of contact for one or more business units for product development projects
- Communicate with business units to understand their analysis needs
- Define scope of work
- Plan jobs for duration, cost, etc.
- Have resources allocated
- Share regular updates about work with client
- Monitor performance on relevant key performance indicators
- Keep abreast of industry trends and issues
- Should be open to travel as per business needs
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Senior Manager - Product Development
Post Graduation (Master degree) in Mechanical Engineering or Reliability Engineering with minimum two years of relevant industry experience, OR
Graduation (Bachelor degree) in Mechanical Engineering with minimum four years of relevant industry experience
- Should have experience working on failure modes of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Should have deep understanding of physics of failure mechanism theories.
- Should have strong understanding of statistical distributions (like Weibull, Exponential, Normal, Poisson etc.)
- Should have thorough understanding of reliability assessment tools and techniques
- Should be familiar with ISO/IEC/API/SAE Qualification Test Standards
- Should have excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of commercial reliability assessment software packages (like Reliasoft, @Risk etc.) would be beneficial
- Prior experience of handling FMECA and TMA workshops would be beneficial
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
- Mentoring skills
- Leadership abilities
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13102
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time