Oceaneering Support Analyst in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The purpose of this role is to take lead on issues which are different from normal and need support from an experienced professional or subject matter expert. A lead in GSC is expected to simplify complex issues to enable better understanding for the team members, and supports in root cause analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the team as subject matter expert for support operations
- Stand in as shift supervisor in his/her absence
- Responsible for providing expert level technical support to users with customer centric approach
- Responsible for documentation, tracking & monitoring of issues/requests to ensure timely resolution
- Responds to telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical and functional support
- Assist shift supervisors in evaluation and grading of timesheet for each support analyst and submit a daily report to manager
- Provide weekly report to support analysts for cases where the standard procedure was not followed and marked therefore as a missed opportunity
- Ensuring availability of gsc helpline number by monitoring peak call volume and traffic analysis
- Responsible for first call resolution for issues under prescibed scope of support
- Assist in data mining of tickets for identifying repetetive issues and their frequency
- Responsible for meeting ticket handling sla (from opening to closure)
- Assist other oceaneering offices in india & other locations for it support
- Supports new projects for upgrading IT systems & to improve user experience
- Should be open to travel as per business needs
- Participates in meetings during absence of Supervisor
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities
- Reports to Manager I in IT service center
- Works closely with Support Analysts & Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, or equivalent education and experience
- Total work experience of 5 years with at least 3 years of IT support experience and/or call center experience
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently, & willing to work in rotational shifts.
- Experience as a support lead
- Knowledge about call monitoring procedures
- Microsoft, Cisco and ITIL certifications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge & support experience for Windows OS, Active Directory, MS Office Applications, Google Mail, & computer hardware
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative: Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13397
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time