Oceaneering Tax Specialist in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Perform the essential day to day and month-end International Taxation activities required for accurate reporting in line with Accounting and Taxation standards and internal policies of different countries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing country wise Tax sheet for recording Quarterly provisioning of Direct Taxes in the books for differentInternational locations.
- Reconciliation of Sales & Withholding Tax Analysis in coordination with the different departments based atInternational locations.
- Coordinate with different departments during Tax / Internal and External Audits of different International locations byproviding required information approved by seniors.
- Preparation and submission of timely VAT (Value Add Tax), WHT (Withholding Tax) and other returns in concurrencewith company’s Tax advisors.
- Preparing monthly schedule for deposition of monthly Corporate Income Tax and Advance Tax for the countriesassigned.
- Maintain SOX compliance process documentation and coordinate with local finance team to update them regularly.
- Prepare and submit various tax related reconciliations as required/assigned for every tax period.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Any professional Degree/ Certification for a specialized Skill.
- Minimum of2+years experience with an international company
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Good Knowledge of accounting principles
- Understanding of tax laws
- Intermediate / advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Customer service focus.
- Accurate, Analytical and methodical in approach.
- Team Player, Self motivated & Enthusiastic Driven
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Tax Specialist
Location: Chandigarh, India
Job ID: 12433
Full/Part Time: Full-Time