Oceaneering Logistics Technician in Charleston, South Carolina
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
_The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group._
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Receive, inspect, accept and store controlled materials in accordance with applicable policies and instructions. Prepare national and international multi-modal shipments of materials and supplies for support of operations at sea. Receive and warehouse shipments for operations and engineering projects. Maintain inventory database systems in an auditable fashion.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform complete technical receipt inspections, COC verification and validation of controlled material in accordance with applicable specifications.
- Ensure all controlled materials received and issued are furnished with adequate OQE to support verification of pedigree for inclusion in systems serviced under stringent engineering and quality protocols.
- Ensure the receipt, custody and issuance of all controlled materials is executed under the appropriate protocols.
- Maintain all OQE records in an auditable fashion.
- Coordinate the resolution of all material deficiencies and issues of non-conformance discovered during receipt inspection, material storage and issue for use, to include technical analysis, determination of corrective and preventive action and evaluation of corrective actions taken.
- Maintain physical custody of controlled inventory until issue for use.
- Establish and maintain controlled material storage in accordance with local policy.
- Package shipments for national and international freight to include proper documentation of bills of lading and dangerous goods shipments into and out of the United States.
- Track national and international shipments through the customs process to the final destination.
- High School/GED with training and experience in controlled material handling and logistic support.
- Minimum four years of logisticexperience as amaritime, aerospace or military controlled material handler.
- Proficient in the Microsoft programs of Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM**work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces,kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13496
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Full/Part Time: Full-Time