Oceaneering Assistant Production Supervisor in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Who You Are
- Enterprising—You can carry out projects from start to finish by leading people, making many decisions, and dealing with critical business related to the project.
- Realistic — You excel at work that includes practical, hands-on skill and problem solving.
- Conventional — You appreciate being provided set procedures and routines and working with data and details more than with ideas.
- Traveler – You need a constant change of scenery; willing and able to pick up and go when duty calls.
What You Will be Doing
Leading teams, supervising and mentoring personnel that perform high-consequence maintenance on U.S. Navy assets in exciting U.S. and global locations. You will direct and coordinate production efforts and schedules, as assigned. Identify problems in the production flow and ensure that necessary labor, material or support is applied to relieve the issue. Resolve technical questions and issues associated with in production responsibilities. Interface with customers to ensure satisfaction.
Strict adherence to safety, quality standards, good housekeeping habits, and a high level of critical thinking & reading comprehension, are essential in this role. The willingness, and ability to perform frequent overtime and travel is a condition of employment.
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance issued by the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Applicant will be subject to periodic security investigations and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government.
- In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Comply with “Supervisors Standards”, the production assignments, and guide personnel in the performance of their duties.
- Train, evaluate and mentor trades personnel.
- Interface with customers to ensure complete satisfaction of production work, job site cleanliness, and workmanship requirements are met.
- Work with the Project Supervisor to schedule, prioritize and control production within the production task/jobs to ensure that production deadlines are met and manpower is tasked for maximum efficiency.
- Provide technical advice and interpretation of drawings, schematics, MIL-STDs, SUBSAFE requirements, production processes, etc., to production personnel, ensure economy and accountability in the expenditure of man-hours and material, recommend and/or make improvements in equipment or production methods.
- Comply with safety procedures and regulations as required to ensure safety of your production personnel.
- Maintain adherence to good housekeeping practices and safety guidelines in accordance with OII-MSD safety policies.
- Provide production status for all assignments to the Supervisor or PM/APM.
- Work with the Project Supervisor to conduct performance evaluations of assigned personnel.
- Ensure all equipment issued to production personnel is safe and properly maintained.
- Ensure pre and post job briefs are held to discuss items of concern.
- Review OII work packages prior to opening to ensure the full scope of work is identified for assigned task and all reference manuals and OQE documents are correct and present prior to commencing any production work.
- Review and audit OII work packages at the completion of work to ensure all objective quality evidence OQE requirements are completed in accordance with TWD’s.
- High School/GED with Apprenticeship Diploma and additional vocational courses or technical school graduate; and/or military and/or civilian experience with marine mechanical systems in a repair department or shipyard.
- Eight years of hands on experience with new installations, repair and maintenance of Naval hull, mechanical, electrical, ordinance, submarine mast/antenna, periscope and/or other sensor systems.
- Four years of specialized experience in performing SUBSAFE/Level-1 Material work.
- Knowledge and practical skills tests required.
- Must be formally recommended in writing by at least one OII-MSD Project Supervisor/Assistant Project Manager APM/ Project Manager PM.
Qualification in one or more of the following: NAVSEA Hatch Inspector, Electroplating, Deep Submergence Systems (SOC MCD A, B, and C), SUBSAFE Qualification, Controlled Material Handler Qualification (CMH).
Travel & Overtime
- Frequent travel/overtime are required.
Oceaneering offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, work-life balance, and tailored career development programs that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Vacation, Sick Leave & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Complimentary Basic Life & AD&D;
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Program Performance Reviews & Advancement Opportunities
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & So Much More!
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Assistant Production Supervisor
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Job ID: 12457
Full/Part Time: Full-Time