Oceaneering Project Manager I, II in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E;) systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
Manage various ship projects/contracts or delivery orders to ensure technical excellence and report results achieved in terms of costs, schedules and performance. Develop and improve all project functions including marketing, production process, quality/cost controls and personnel resources. Assist with the development of marketing plans, sales strategies and objectives for identified targets of opportunity to ensure continued steady growth. Assist with bids and proposals, as required, with emphasis on scheduling the proper sequence of work to be performed. Travel and overtime may be required as well as moderate levels of physical and mental coordination and frequent use of office equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide assistance, as requested, to P&E; (e.g., customer requirements, unique/pertinent information, etc.) for the preparation of bids and quotes for delivery orders, purchase orders and contracts. Assist with the preparation and submission of proposals, reviewing technical content, personnel requirements, management plans and execution costs.
- Monitor assigned projects/contracts and conduct periodic visits (daily, if feasible) to job sites and ensure the customer is satisfied. Work closely with the respective department managers to monitor the task performance and efficient utilization of man-hours and resources.
- Track Project performance with respect to budget, schedule, and quality using Earned Value Analysis, and phase review objectives; communicate performance to senior management.
- Manage project risks, through identification and mitigation of preventable, strategic and external risks.
- Provide feedback regarding employee performance.
- Assist with all facets of services and products marketing; i.e., devising and implementing strategies, conducting presentations, interfacing with field representatives, etc. Maintain served-market analysis defining total market for core business, company market share and competitors’ market share. Determine growth or market share potential within specific markets.
- Assist with implementation of the company’s short-range and long-range business ventures. Identify and develop marketing and business plans for targets of opportunity that fall within the capabilities of the company. Ensure the company’s core business objectives and competiveness aremaintained. Keep abreast of evolving technology and procedures which may enhance the company’s competitive position for future growth areas and opportunities.
- Make recommendations for new processes where they may improve quality and organization effectiveness.
- Maintain personal contact with key personnel (military and civilian), companies and organizations which may utilize company services or may be candidates for teaming proposals on a specific contract. Develop personal rapport with each contact, which will enhance the possibility of repeat business.
- Prepare and present company overview and proposal to new or potential customers. Promote existing customer relations through support in evaluating new quotations and the monitoring of on-time deliveries and product quality. Advise, consult and/or counsel contacts and customers to gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas and actions. Project positive image (to include; personal attire, mannerisms, language, technical competence, etc.) to employees, customers and similar industrial companies by ensuring a cost-efficient, quality product is produced in accordance with the customer’s requirements.
- Strong analytical and personnel management skills required to clearly communicate and coordinate team efforts and interact with other departments and outside agencies.
- Demonstrated experience requiring a high degree of proficiency in all MS Office Professional applications, especially MS Excel.
- Five (5) years of specialized experience in performing SUBSAFE/Level I Material work; four (4) years of experience in design, operation, maintenance, repair, testing installations or alterations of Naval Ships Hull and Deck Machinery Systems and Equipment; working knowledge of Navy data systems, and knowledge of Navy procedures for establishing and maintaining equipment maintenance requirements.Demonstrated experience ensuring/enforcing compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- A minimum of three(3) years management/supervisory experience is required and with proven ability to meet schedule and budget goals. Experience managing the financial aspects of multiple types of Government contracts such as fixed price, cost reimbursable, incentive fee, award fee, and/or time & material.
This position is considered PRODUCTION/OUTDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
The shipyard/base/manufacturing work environment; the site may contain mobility barriers with uneven ground level and obstructed pathways. Climatic and environmental conditions at the job site will be indoor/outdoor climate with various temperatures and noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, and etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is considered MEDIUMwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Project Manager I, II
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Job ID: 12364
Full/Part Time: Full-Time