Oceaneering Cost and Project Analyst I in Clear Lake, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA’s Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Program/Project Managers with current status of cost for programs/projects. Prepare and issue status and EAC reports as required.
- Analyze historical and current trends to forecast future performance.
- Assist with forecasting of rolling flash, preparation of annual plan, and tracking other indirect costing functions.
- With oversight from supervisor, draft various aspects of the cost volume, such as written content, cost/price schedules, and production. Maintain prepared cost volumes.
- Support the collection of Accounts Receivables and generate invoices associated with projects assigned.
- Set up and maintain all projects within accounting systems (i.e. As Bid/Budgets, Chart of Accounts, and the active status of accounts).
- Maintain working knowledge of various government regulations as required by contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 0 to 3years of experience in performance/cost measurement or financial analysis.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the company.
- Basic understanding of performance measurement principles such as earned value, scheduling, IRR, ROA, Payback, DSO, cash flow, and Operating Efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Good organizational skills and analytical/logical approach.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Working knowledge/background in government and commercial contract requirements.
- Experience with project management/scheduling software (i.e. MS Project, etc)
- Experience with Peoplesoft Financial and Accounting Applications.
- Support work tasks after hours and on weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Cost and Project Analyst I
Location: Clear Lake, Texas
Job ID: 12920
Full/Part Time: Full-Time