Oceaneering Machinist in Clear Lake, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA’s Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Working under supervision this individual is responsible for the activities in the Machine Shop, consisting of a variety of tasks of considerable complexity which require the manufacture of parts and components to extremely close tolerances.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Makes all set-ups and operates all machine tools to fabricate parts per Engineering drawings or sketches.
- Applies knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, machine shop procedures, and has good knowledge in the use of edge finders, indicators, etc.
- Studies specification, such as blueprints and sketches to determine dimensions and tolerances of piece to be machined, sequence of operations, tooling and materials and machines required. Establishes most efficient machining procedure to build the hardware.
- Verifies conformance of work piece to specification prior to turning in work, using calipers, micrometers, and various other inspection equipment (must have his/her own tools).
- Performs machine maintenance and is responsible for keeping work are clean and reporting safety issues to lead.
- Programs, set-up and operates Hurco CNC lathe and/or CNC Mills
- Uses hand tools to assemble parts when necessary.
- Generates complete CNC machine documentation. Inputs part data into machine tool computers from Engineering drawings and sketches to produce finished hardware.
High school graduate or equivalent. 4 plus year’s experience in close tolerance machining environment.Completion of a 2-4 year apprenticeship/technical program plus 1-2 years of experience may be acceptable. The ability to read blueprints and/or drawings and an understanding of GD&T.;
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Machinist
Location: Clear Lake, Texas
Job ID: 13062
Full/Part Time: Full-Time