Oceaneering Quality Inspector in Clear Lake, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA’s Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Working under minimal supervision, and using sophisticated measurement equipment, inspects and/or tests mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronic and soft goods parts or pieces produced from outside or inside the company for inclusion in the finished product to insure conformance with company and customer drawings, standards and specifications. The Inspector will perform visual/or dimensional inspection of raw materials, mechanical/or electronic parts to ensure conformance to the drawings, specifications, and associated work authorizing documents. The job also includes performing geometric mathematic equations. Individual errors could affect the overall pace of production, quality of product, or overhead cost for programs/products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Witness step-by-step assembly/testing of critical hardware to ensure that the assembly/testing is performed per the associated documents and standards.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the correct methodology used in electronic assembly and hand soldering of critical aerospace hardware as determined by Company procedures.
- Verifies proper use of calibrated test and inspection equipment and verifies reportable inspection data taken with calibrated equipment during its prescribed calibration interval.
- Use sophisticated measurement equipment (CMM, FARO ARM, OMIS, Optical Comparator) to measure machine parts with tolerances as small as +/ .xxxx. Make efficient set-ups for optimal access to complex geometric parts. Compile metrology data and generate inspection reports. Assist Designer and Engineering with suggestions for dimension call outs. Inspect and/or test mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronic and soft goods parts or pieces produced from outside or inside the plant for inclusion in the finished product to insure conformance with Company and Customer standards and specifications, and guides.
- Perform geometric mathematic equations.
- Perform physical inspection of working patterns, templates, test fixtures and gauges. Perform first articles and in-process inspection of manufactured parts and part set-ups. Must be able to distinguish between acceptable and non-conforming items. Must be able to communicate non-conforming situations timely, precisely and accurately. Must be able to generate non-conformance documents using hard copy and electronic generated reporting forms in accordance with company approved procedures.
- Ensure that purchased parts and materials have been inspected in accordance with specific quality requirements and are accompanied by the required signed certification of compliance to those requirements.
- Perform visual/or dimensional inspection of raw materials, mechanical/or electronic parts to ensure conformance to the drawings, specifications, and associated work authorizing documents.
- Ensure that source inspection, (Customer or customer representative), is given appropriate notification as required for all pre-established mandatory inspection points. Maintain a thorough knowledge and use of company policies and quality operating procedures.
- Perform quarterly internal quality audits on areas designated by the Quality Manager.
- Performs other duties as required by the Quality Manager
High School graduate or equivalent with five (5) or more years of proven quality control, assembly and dimensional inspection experience in a related industry. Must have advanced skills in mechanical drawing interpretation. Good personal skills working in a team environment. Must be able to pass a vision test, annually, to the following requirement: Far Vision: Snellen Chart 20/50 in best eye. Near Vision: Reduced Snellen 20/20 in best eye. Color Vision: Ability to distinguish red, green, blue, and yellow wires as prescribed in Dvorine Charts, Ishihara Plates, or AOCHRR tests. A practical test, using color-coded wires and/or acceptable for color vision testing. Binocular Vision: Ability to demonstrate normal fusion (eye coordination) at 'near point' using standardized screening instruments such as the Keystone Visual Skills Series.
- Working knowledge of AS9100, Thermal cycles, vibration testing, receiving inspection of raw materials a plus.
- Geometric Dimensions and Tolerancing is a plus.
- A working knowledge of government quality specifications and procedures.
- Familiarization with and a working knowledge of the use of measurement and test equipment.
- Certified for inspection of IPC workmanship standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- This person should be proficient with Microsoft products such as Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Experience reading drawings are needed too.
- Fatigue/Fracture Assessment using NASGRO software package
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Quality Inspector
Location: Clear Lake, Texas
Job ID: 13059
Full/Part Time: Full-Time