Oceaneering Senior Tax Specialist in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position serves as functional tax support for the Africa & Middle East (“AME”) region including, but not limited to, the company’s Angola, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria, Egypt, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE operations. The Senior Tax Specialist is responsible for supporting the Tax Manager, AME in providing the necessary (1) tax compliance and provision support for local statutory financials and consolidated US parent company reporting and (2) tax planning support to the region. This position will have a significant focus in the company’s AME operations and tax compliance. The job functions of this position will encompass approximately 60% tax/financial reporting and compliance and 40% planning.
Duties & Responsibilities
Tax compliance functions include, but are not limited to, supporting the Tax Manager, AME with:
- Ensuring that the company is tax compliant within operating jurisdictions
- Coordinating tax filings and information requests with 3rd party service providers
- Facilitating resolution of tax audit exercises within the operational jurisdictions
- Assisting in preparing transfer pricing documentation, especially regarding intercompany transactions
- Supporting the functional group efforts around various indirect taxes such as VAT, GST, payroll, etc.
Financial reporting functions include, but are not limited to, supporting the Tax Manager, AME with:
- Ensuring, recording and advising on accounting for income and deferred taxes within operating jurisdictions
- Identifying and evaluating corporate income tax uncertainties
- Developing and complying with internal controls around tax reporting
Tax research and planning functions include, but are not limited to, supporting the Tax Manager, AME with:
- Providing international tax advice regarding structuring of new business, projects, client and supplier agreements
- Undertaking permanent establishment reviews and making recommendations as needed
- Assisting with international restructuring planning and implementation
- Assisting with international acquisitions
- Keeping abreast of new legislation and developing best practices
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Tax Manager, AME
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Finance, Law or Accounting)
- Minimum three (3) years post qualified experience (PQE)
- Fluent in English
- Qualified Accountant and/or Chartered Tax Advisor (CA/ACA/ACCA/CTA)
- US tax and GAAP knowledge
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of other European languages
- Experience with multi-national organizations with general experience in multiple AME jurisdictions
- Strong experience of corporation tax and tax compliance and solid track record of dealing with tax authorities
- Proven track record in tax compliance & planning within a multi-national business or Big 4 tax experience or equivalent
- Experience interacting with and coordinating multiple business functions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Global Thinker and Creative Professional who can contribute in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills with a pro-active approach towards the desired result
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members and drive results
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from external and internal customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of laws and regulations
- Ability to explain complex tax issues to non-tax professionals
- Resilient professional with tolerance of ambiguity
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Job Title: Senior Tax Specialist
Location: Dubai, UAE
Job ID: 13225
Full/Part Time: Full-Time