Oceaneering Cost & Project Analyst in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Cost & Project Analyst reports and analyzes the cost/performance data on assigned projects, and determines conformity to budgeted and projected expenditures of hours and funds. Typical projects assigned to this function are Cost Plus and Time & Material type contracts due to minimal financial risk to the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Program/Project Managers with current status of cost for programs/projects. Prepare and issue status and EAC reports as required.
- Analyze historical and current trends to forecast future performance.
- Assist with forecasting of rolling flash, preparation of annual plan, and tracking other indirect costing functions.
- With oversight from supervisor, draft various aspects of the cost volume, such as written content, cost/price schedules, and production. Maintain prepared cost volumes.
- Support the collection of Accounts Receivables and generate invoices associated with projects assigned.
- Set up and maintain all projects within accounting systems (i.e. As Bid/Budgets, Chart of Accounts, and the active status of accounts).
- Maintain working knowledge of various government regulations as required by contracts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Up to 4 years of experience in performance/cost measurement or financial analysis.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the company.
- Basic understanding of performance measurement principles such as earned value, scheduling, IRR, ROA, Payback, DSO, cash flow, and Operating Efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Security clearance may be required depending on location.
- Good organizational skills and analytical/logical approach.
- Working knowledge/background in government and commercial contract requirements.
- Experience with project management/scheduling software (i.e. MS Project, MPM, etc)
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Cost & Project Analyst
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 12447
Full/Part Time: Full-Time