Oceaneering Lead Recruiter in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Global Talent Acquisition Lead role will act as an advisor, providing recruitment counsel and guidance to the recruiting team as well as the functional hiring teams regarding market employment trends, compensation, skills/attributes, target companies, recruitment strategies, interviewing/assessments, and sourcing tactics.
This individual should be comfortable sourcing candidates on their own, using various methods and tools which includes the company career web site, Internet job boards, associations, university alumni resources as well as using research and cold calling prospects and be capable of training other in these areas. In this role you should be comfortable and laser focused to deliver the expected talent, in a reasonable and expected time frame without using outside agencies.
In addition to the Talent Acquisition accountabilities, this role may also be directly involved with talent acquisition projects whether they will lead or participate as a member.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a team of 5-10 recruiters responsible for various projects and disciplines
- Design and execute a talent acquisition strategy aligned with the client group’s business and operational objectives.
- Develop strategies to target both active and passive candidates using a variety of tools and techniques including external market knowledge, third party job boards, networking sites, recruiting fairs, industry events, social networking etc
- Oversee the sourcing and selection process i.e. needs definition, creating job ads, sourcing and screening candidates for current and future opportunities, assessing and presenting qualified candidates to hiring leaders and facilitating the offer and delivery process.
- Act as a candidate relationship Lead ensuring the company is represented in a manner consistent with the corporate values
- Design, build and implement innovative recruitment campaigns, identifying strategic sources for talent
- Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with Leads to discuss needs
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport
- Determine applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications
- Attract applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with Leads; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications
- Improve organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Train other team members on best practices, internal processes and provides guidance as needed
- Communicates effectively and develops employees
- Manage the use of outside recruiters and headhunters
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements
- Conduct meetings with Leads and interviews with candidates
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in applicable system
- Assist in interviewing and selecting employees onsite
- Perform other special projects as assigned
- Create contacts within industry
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- 7+ years of recruiting experience minimum within the applicable or related industry
- Ability to learn and have discussions with management and candidates on highly technical positions
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent follow-up and attention to detail, facilitation of superior communications with Management
Professional demeanor, and strong business acumen required
5-10+ years’ experience recruiting at all levels of organizations, particularly senior corporate leadership positions
- Proven track-record of sourcing candidates for difficult-to-fill positions using traditional and non-traditional search methods, i.e. networking, online research, etc.
- Strong ability to multi-task, handling multiple projects at the same time
- Proven track record of building a pipeline of prospects and cold calling on those prospects
- Experience with applicant tracking systems, with an emphasis is data integrity
- Experience following compliance process and procedure
- Must be willing and able to travel 10-15 % of the time
- Strong business sense and ability to understand and communicate key business drivers.
- Strong mental agility to keep pace with a dynamic changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize workload required.
- Strong client partnering skills and detail orientation.
- Ability to anticipate and manage change and recommend solutions
- 10+ years of recruiting experience in applicable industry
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Lead Recruiter
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 12904
Full/Part Time: Full-Time