Oceaneering Machinist - First Class in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The First Class Machinist must be able to read and work from blue prints, as well as program, set up and operate all conventional and CNC lathes and mills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Decipher information from blue prints and drawings in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to efficiently machine parts.
- Write and install programs using Master Cam from blueprints and drawings.
- Design fixtures, tooling, and parts to meet machining requirements.
- Measure and examine completed parts to ensure conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs on machine shop equipment.
- Operate and rig material handling equipment (overhead cranes, gantries, fork lifts).
- May train and support entry level Machinists.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus one to three years formal training (vocation or technical school), OR Associate’s Degree in related field.
- Ten years previous experience in a machine shop and five years CNC machine operation.
- Must have own basic machinist’s tools for machine setup and inspection.
- Strong familiarity with Machine Shop Safety and OSHA requirements.
- Ability to program, set up, and operate all conventional and CNC lathes and mills.
- High proficiency in blueprint reading and machining techniques.
- Knowledgeable in various CNC programming systems(in particular Master Cam).
- In depth knowledge in the operation of conventional and CNC machine shop equipment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Machinist - First Class
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 12160
Full/Part Time: Full-Time