Oceaneering Manufacturing Manager in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Manufacturing Manager reports to the Manager of Programs and is responsible for overseeing all manufacturing activities and ensuring the safety of the site.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure safety of the site and all manufacturing activities.
- Supervise all Manufacturing employees and activities.Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Complete manufacturing operations to customer, quality, cost and schedule/financial plan requirements.
- Measurement and improvement of all areas of responsibility, including safety, product, and process quality/efficiency.
- Manage the manufacturing financial budget and capital expenditure plan.
- Ensure the resources and equipment are in place to meet schedule/project requirements.
- Provide human resource management for all manufacturing personnel, including succession planning.
- Develop and deliver training plans for all manufacturing personnel.
- Communicate with and support all business areas as required.
- Fifteen years of related experience from a bespoke product background.
- Minimum eight years working in a related management position.
- Must have strong knowledge of all business activities focused on manufacturing, to include welding and machining.
- Good communication and planning skills.
- Ability to drive and maintain change.
- Experience of team-based continuous improvement activities.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Manufacturing Manager
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 12825
Full/Part Time: Full-Time