Oceaneering Network Administrator in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
OTECH is a division of Oceaneering International Inc. and ISO 9001 certified.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies.
As a key member of Suitland Maryland office, this position is responsible for all aspects of network administration including servers, desktop systems, communications hardware/software, and office systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform network administration including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support.
- Support server, network and desktop hardware, software and applications.
- Perform technology needs analysis.
- Roll out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Plan, implement, and support the network and computing infrastructure plan.
- Occasional field installation support. A few one-week trips per year to be expected.
- Hands on cable routing and hardware maintenance.
- Area clean-up support.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, or Management Information Systems. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Fitness for special background investigation (SBI).
- Current experience as an Administrator on a medium sized network of servers, desktop systems, and communications devices using current technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in:
- Windows servers and desktop products
- Setting up remote user access
- Administering node network, including firewalls
- Supporting networked printers and photocopiers
- Working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Facilitation and change management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Specialized certification (i.e. MCSE, A+, CISCO)
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Network Administrator
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11230
Full/Part Time: Full-Time