Oceaneering Purchasing Manager in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
_The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group._
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Purchasing Manager oversees the Buyers within the Purchasing Department, assuring the timely processing of purchase requirements, solicitations of bids, negotiations and awards of Purchase Orders (POs), follow expediting, delivery and problem-solving with suppliers. The Purchasing Manager will plan and manage workload, provide expertise to answer questions, and monitor and report metrics on performance. Has the authority to make commitments for the company at any dollar level upon receipt of a properly approved requisition.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and administer the division purchasing policy.
- Supervise Purchasing staff.Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provide assistance with logistics and transportation.
- Research required products and services.
- Review and approve all orders in compliance with the limits of authority as set by management.
- Ensure Purchasing Department compliance with ISO 9000 procedures and work instructions.
- Coordinate with the Program Managers for resolution of problems.
- Resolve issues and conflicts with vendors in accordance with results from Non-Conformance Review Boards or Purchase Order (PO) terms and conditions.
- Assist in resolving Received-Not-Vouchered (RNV) costs.
- Assist vendors with resolving payment issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a purchasing environment.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a purchasing environment.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience.
- Experience in purchasing technical products/materials.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and/or other technical material.
- Ability to multitask and work with all levels in the organization.
- Basic typing skills; basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13538
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time