Oceaneering Scheduler in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
Duties & Responsibilities
The Scheduler supports various OTECH engineering projects by preparing plans and schedules, and providing regular updates to Project Managers.
- Prepare project plans and schedules using statements of work.
- Organize working meetings with Project Managers to detail work breakdown structure (WBS) tasks and forecast resources with budget allocations.
- Produce earned value management (EVM) reporting on project status, including schedule performance and cost performance index.
- Act as a member of the Project Team for all assigned projects.
- Collect and analyze weekly data for the Project Managers.
- Travel may be required to support assigned projects (approximately one week per quarter).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related or technical field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in defense projects.
- Superb analytical and problem solving skills, with experience scheduling large, complex DOD projects in an integrated project environment.
- Ability to adhere to Oceaneering safety standards.
- Advanced working knowledge/experience with Primavera P6.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, including MS Project.
- Ability to maintain multiple schedules concurrently.
- Comprehensive understanding of Critical Path Analysis and baseline control.
- Understanding and experience applying DOD earned value management process.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and communications skills with the ability to successfully interact with internal and external customers as well as co-workers at every level.
- Knowledge of System Engineering processes.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and Project.
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft.
- Experience in a position requiring coordination between departments within an organization.
- Experience with Risk Analysis and mitigation strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Scheduler
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 12998
Full/Part Time: Full-Time