Oceaneering Senior Software Engineer - TS/SCI in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH)._
Software design, development, and support in the field of ocean engineering, data exploitation and analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, implementation, and testing of software tasks as assigned.
- Develop and maintain custom application software in the ocean engineering field using object-oriented development, structured design methods and structured programming techniques.
- Software design and development, hardware selection, and system testing at the factory, offsite, and offshore.
- Schedules can be demanding throughout the year and work outside normal working hours from time to time should be anticipated.
- Some travel may be required.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical field, ORfive to eight years direct experience in software development in a scientific or technical field.
- Eight plus years programming experience with personal computers using C/C++ in Windows (2000, NT or XP) is required.
- Experience with database programming, specifically SQL and ADO using SQL Server, Oracle and/or Access is desirable. Experience with other programming environments/languages such as .NET, C#, Delphi/C++ Builder or Visual Basic is an advantage.
- Experience in the field of ocean engineering is not strictly necessary but some experience is a distinct advantage.
- Programming with graphics libraries is a distinct advantage, especially with the ESRI GIS libraries MapObjects and/or ArcObjects.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13489
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time