Oceaneering Sr. Mechanical Engineer II in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
TheSenior Mechanical Engineer applies a working knowledge of engineering fundamentals to the division’s engineering and design activities under the direction of a Senior Engineer, Project Engineer, Staff Engineer, or Project Manager. The Mechanical Engineer will also be required to interact with other ADTECH personnel including those in QA, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving, as necessary to provide engineering support to ADTECH manufacturing, integration, and test activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs moderately difficult engineering tasks and conventional design that may be varied in nature.
- Good technical judgment and some independent evaluation, originality, and ingenuity are expected.
- Develops schedules and estimates for assigned tasks and prepares reports on the results of the work accomplished.
- Provide support to Bid and Proposal efforts including technical writing.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilties.
- Reports to Project Engineer on assigned project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Naval Architecture from accredited college or university.
- Must have at least three years of Mechanical engineering experience.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required.
- Proficiency using CAD software such as AutoCad and SolidWorks and MathCad preferred.
- Technical writing skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Possesses and applies a working knowledge of engineering fundamentals in one or more engineering fields.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer II
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 12758
Full/Part Time: Full-Time