Oceaneering Sr. Scheduler in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
*The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries. *
**ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Senior Scheduler supports various OTECH engineering projects by preparing plans and schedules, and providing regular updates to Project Managers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare project plans and schedules using statements of work.
- Organize working meetings with Project Managers to detail work breakdown structure (WBS) tasks and forecast resources with budget allocations.
- Produce earned value management (EVM) reporting on project status, including schedule performance and cost performance index.
- Act as a member of the Project Team for all assigned projects.
- Regularly coordinate with other departments, including Business Development, Engineering, and Manufacturing, and other Project Management personnel.
- Collect and analyze weekly data for the Project Managers.
- Travel may be required to support assigned projects (approximately one week per quarter).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related or technical field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience in defense projects.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
- Superb analytical and problem solving skills, with experience scheduling large, complex DOD projects in an integrated project environment.
- Ability to adhere to Oceaneering safety standards.
- Advanced working knowledge/experience with Primavera P6.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, including MS Project.
- Experience in a position requiring coordination between departments within an organization.
- Ability to maintain multiple schedules concurrently.
- Comprehensive understanding of Critical Path Analysis and baseline control.
- Understanding and experience applying DOD earned value management process.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and communications skills with the ability to successfully interact with internal and external customers as well as co-workers at every level.
- Knowledge of System Engineering processes.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and Project.
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft.
- Experience with Risk Analysis and mitigation strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Scheduler
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 12976
Full/Part Time: Full-Time