Oceaneering System Administrator, CyberSecurity in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
_The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group._
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of that Certification & Accreditation (C&A;) and System Assessment & Authorization (SA&A;) as part of NIST SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework (RMF) system. Assist in preparation of application accreditation packages for assigned systems. Assist in maintaining authorization packages by preparing necessary documentation.
- Assist in performing security system event analysis, investigation, and validation. Assist in ensuring that security measures are implemented, operational, managed and validated as outlined in published security plans, and assist with tasks necessary to ensure system(s) maintain compliance with authorization(s).
- Assist in performing continuous monitoring tasks and prepare documentation for assigned systems in support of Authorizations to Operate (ATOs). Perform Security control assessments as part of Continuous Monitoring NIST SP 800-53 V4 compliance sustainment for application, infrastructure, and network.
- Assist in data gathering to support event analysis and triage (gathering information, deriving conclusions, driving mitigations) and assist in preparing incident reports.
- Assist in the performance of configuration management tasks.
- Maintain required mandatory certifications as necessary to support assignment as a privileged user and sustain DoD IA training and certification requirements IAW DoD 8570.1M.
- Assist in the development, documentation, and support of user training plan(s).
- Proactively look for ways to better apply technology to the organization’s primary mission; answer questions, resolve problems, and communicate changes in software and operations.
- Work with lead and senior ISSOs to evaluate the impact of system and network changes.
- Assist in performing administrative tasks for systems, including data backup support, system security, and user account management support.
- Assist in providing support for servers, network and desktop hardware, software, and applications. Monitor the day-to-day activities on system and document changes as required.
- Assist with hardware and software roll-out to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Provide occasional field installation support. A few one-week trips per year to be expected.
- Assist in hands-on cable routing and hardware maintenance.
- Assist in gathering data pertaining to software packages for assigned systems that will be used to maintain lists of software and hardware and update documentation.
- Associates degree or higher in related fieldor, Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Basic understanding of servers, desktop systems, and communications devices using current technologies.
- Specialized certification and compliance in accordance with DoD 8570.1M. Candidate must achieve certification within 6 months of assignment (MCSE, A+, CISCO, Security + for assignment as IAT level I or II). As a condition of privileged access to any information system, personnel performing IA functions must satisfy both preparatory and sustaining DoD IA training and certification requirements in accordance with DoD 8570.1M. All candidates for this position must be able to pass and maintain required training.
- Basic familiarity with RMF and ATO processes.
- Familiarity with certifications under the RMF, and a proven ability to perform continuous management activities.
- Familiarity with ICD 503, DoD 8570.1M, and the RMF.
- Working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, and server and desktop technologies.
- Familiarity with auditing processes.
- Facilitation and change management skills.
- Ability to interact with personnel from other engineering and technical disciplines both inside and outside of the company, including systems engineers, electrical engineers, designers, drafters, fabrication shop personnel, and hardware vendors.
- Ability to perform technical surveys and organize/resolve technical issues.
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary.
- Willingness to work non-standard work schedules, such as off-hour backups and system upgrades.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Fitness for special background investigation (SBI).
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Knowledge of Windows desktop products.
- Knowledge of networked printers and photocopiers
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13501
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time