Oceaneering NDT Technician-Level II RT in Houma, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The NDT Technician Level II will perform RT, UTT, MT, PT and NDT industrial inspections onshore / offshore of piping, pipelines, pressure vessels, and structural components.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate Radiographic Testing equipment in accordance with applicable regulations, codes, and practices.
- Load and process film.
- Reading and interpreting film.
- Prepare, set-up and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Conduct tests in other NDT methods.
- Train and supervise Level I RT trainees and other NDT trainees.
- Must be able to travel and work on a call-out basis both domestic & international.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Assist other technicians.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum two (2) years of documented RT Level II work experience. Must be able to certify to ASNT-TC-1A Level II required.
- Must have a minimum of 80 hours of documented RT training per SNT-TC-1A.
- Must possess a valid industrial radiographer certification card and proof of a 40-hour radiation safety course.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a TWIC card, valid Passport, Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: NDT Technician-Level II RT
Location: Houma, Louisiana
Job ID: 12835
Full/Part Time: Full-Time