Oceaneering Applications Support Specialist - PS Financials AR & GL in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering International, Inc. seeks an Applications Support Specialist who will be responsible for providing application support to end users on a variety of issues/support for PeopleSoft Modules – Accounts Receivable and General Ledger.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the configuration/setup/maintenance/customizations and new implementation of functionality within PeopleSoft Financial application to Oceaneering specifications.
- Coordinate with all business units & service lines worldwide to ensure compliance with overall company PeopleSoft Financial application initiatives.
- Develops and maintains approved PeopleSoft Financial application business programs
- Defines business requirements to meet PeopleSoft Financial application business imperatives.
- Coordinate all executive approved PeopleSoft Financial application initiatives/priorities with management, end users, IT and other support organizations.
- Coordinates all testing of all PeopleSoft Financial application solutions, process and functionality, to ensure delivery of quality solutions.
- Interfaces with the Business to resolve PeopleSoft Financial application related issues including data quality and system performance.
- Develops “best practices” and standards; develops systems’ interfaces with other enterprise system owners to ensure that business processes are streamlined and business goals are achieved.
- Assists and documents configuration and testing of financial modules to Oceaneering specifications.
- Ensures effective organizational change management for PeopleSoft Financial application including training, communications, and organizational alignment.
- Maintain a website on the Oceanet dedicated to the PeopleSoft Financial system which provides information to financial end users and Core Team on matters related to PS System financial policies and procedures, end user problem resolution, frequently asked questions (FAQs), etc.
- Measure and report on the impact of the PeopleSoft Financial application on business process efficiency, effectiveness and user satisfaction.
- Participate in upgrade teams.
- Work closely with both internal and external customers, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Five (5) years of experience on PeopleSoft version 8.8 or higher and PeopleSoft Financial application
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Applications Support Specialist - PS Financials AR & GL
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 13285
Full/Part Time: Full-Time