Oceaneering Assistant Compliance Specialist in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Compliance Specialist will be responsible to ensure that management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Track clients platform history, by populating “BSEE (Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement) OSTS (Office of Structural and Technical Support)” reports on an ongoing basis. Will also communicate with clients and handle any queries requested by the client.
- Populate the yearly BSEE CP Pipeline reports.
- Conducts CAIRS (Computer Aided Inspection Reporting System) system configuration and ongoing upgrades.
- Reverts to BSEE platform and pipeline website data bases to ensure clients’ data is correct within the reports.
- Conducts reporting process on special projects.
- Familiarity of the offshore industries concepts, practices, and procedures, including API RP 2A WSD (American Petroleum Institute Recommended Practice 2A Working Stress Design).
- Designs and implements programs, policies, and practices to ensure that all business units are in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Tracks laws and regulations that might affect the organization's policies.
- Some overtime and domestic or international travel, as needed.
- Prepares compliance reports to present to management.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years of related experience with programs, policies, and practices covering compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, and Word, and all basic computer skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Assistant Compliance Specialist
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 13032
Full/Part Time: Full-Time