Oceaneering Cost Estimator in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary responsibility of this position is to prepare bids/ proposals for customers as well as establish routers/ travelers for use on the shop floor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review customer RFQ's and determine material requirements, processing and job routing
- Communicate with customers to accurately define requirements and expectations
- Coordinate with procurement to gather costs for outside services
- Consolidate all outside and internal costs associated with process time in engineering, machining, finishing and QC and create detailed quote package(s)
- Manage quote log on a daily basis and ensure it is updated at all times
- Conduct proactive customer follow-up after quote issued and job shipped
- Establish bill of materials and routers for use on the shop floor
- Work with shop floor supervisors and planner to ensure all data for routers is accurate before final production package is released to the floor
- Carry out ongoing competitive cost analysis
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they are found
- Other duties as required
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
- Reports to Manufacturing Manager
- Previous experience with quoting for a machine shop environment.
- Five (5) plus years of hands- on machining and/or programming experience.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced office/ production environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS word, Excel etc.
- Organized with extreme attention to detail.
- CAD/ CAM knowledge a plus, preferably SolidWorks and CamWorks
- Previous experience with quoting software Micro Estimating a plus
- Previous experience quoting in a fabrication environment a plus
Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Cost Estimator
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12593
Full/Part Time: Full-Time